- 2021 Microsoft Research Asia PhD Fellowship
- 컴퓨터과학과 홈페이지 관리자
- 게시글 내용
Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship 2021 has been launched recently. We cordially invite you to recommend your outstanding junior PhD students to apply for the program.
The MSRA Fellowship Program aims to build the next generation of research leaders with a unique program offering a combination of scholarship, mentorship, research, networking and academic opportunities to promising young candidates. Moreover, Fellows and their advisors could enjoy long-term close engagement with Microsoft Research Asia, one of the leading computer science research labs in the world. Please visit the program homepage to learn more about it and read the feedbacks from previous recipients of the fellowship.
The MSRA Fellowship program would accept direct applications from individual PhD students with their advisors’ strong recommendation. We sincerely hope that as CS Department Chair, you could kindly disseminate our Invitation for Application attached to faculty and PhD students of your department via website, email, or other effective approaches, and encourage eligible students to apply. We really appreciate your big support for MSRA Fellowship program 2021!
Below is some information about this MSRA Fellowship 2021
Provisions of the award
- Cash awards of $10,000 USD
- Guaranteed, but not required three-month internship at Microsoft Research Asia.
- Opportunity to attend Microsoft academic conferences in computer science in the Asia-Pacific region.
- At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, advisors of fellows might be invited to participate in collaborative
research projects and academic exchange events
- Applicants must attend a university in China Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea or Singapore, and do
research work that relates to computing topics in which Microsoft Research is concerned with.
- According to the definition of the normative period of PhD program of the applicants’ university and region, the
applicant must graduate in 2023 or later. The applicants and their advisors would be asked for supporting
documents if needed.
- Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee owns the final interpretation of above clauses.
How to apply
- The 2021 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship application period closes on June 30, 2021
- PhD students must apply directly for the scholarship via online application tool
- Materials required: 1) Application form; 2) Curriculum vitae; 3) Research Statement; 4) At least two letters of reference.
For more detailed requirements on “How to Apply”, and more information on Eligibility criteria, Award provisions, and Program timeline, please kindly visit 2021 MSRA Fellowship homepage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/academic-program/fellowships-microsoft-research-asia/