이벤트

세미나 장형진 교수 (School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham) 초청 세미나

페이지 정보

작성자 최고관리자 작성일 22-08-12 14:33

본문

날짜 : 2022년 8월 17일 수요일, 오전 11시 ~ 12시
장소 : 제 1공학관 A528

제목: Human-Centred Visual Learning and Its Applications
강사: 장형진 교수님 (School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham)

Abstract: Humans are the best teachers as well as beneficiaries of AI development. My human-centred visual learning research is to develop vision-based algorithms that aim to make systems usable and useful by focusing on humans, especially their needs and requirements. In particular, understanding human body pose/hand/gaze is fundamental for meaningful interpretation of human action and behaviour. In this talk, I will introduce my recent research on human-centred vision tasks, including attention driven image cropping, real-time hand pose & gaze tracking, and human body movement retargeting, and so forth. Also, some interesting applications using the human-centred vision methods will be presented.

Bio: Dr. Hyung Jin Chang is an Associate Professor in the school of computer science at the University of Birmingham and a Turing Fellow of the Alan Turing Institute. Before joining the University of Birmingham, he was a post-doctoral researcher at Imperial College London and received his PhD degree from Seoul National University. His research combines multiple artificial intelligence areas, including computer vision, machine learning, robotics, and human-computer interaction. His research career started focusing on theoretical aspects of machine learning, and it has converged on applying these aspects to more practical problems in visual surveillance, HCI, and robotics, with an emphasis on estimating human eye gaze, hand pose, body pose, kinematic structure, and 6D object pose etc. Recently, his research has focused on exploiting and making advances in computer vision and learning techniques to move toward intelligent human-robot/human-computer interaction based on visual data. 

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.